Come to the beach with me

 It has been FOREVER since I traditionally scrapbooked.  I normally digi-scrap now, it's so easy and portable.  I need to update my frames in my new house though, so I'm starting with some beach photos and the perfect embellies from Tanya Leigh Designs.

I started with a base of 2 double sided papers.  One side had sand, shells and starfish, and the other was water.  So I used one paper as the base, and then tore the other paper in half with a wave so that it looked like waves on the beach.

Since this layout is going in a shadow-box frame, I could get nice and lumpy.  I laid out my photos and matted the one with my daughter.  I added an acetate postage stamp to one photo and then layered some rings from the 3-in-1 Word Ring pack - Travel, some acetate film strips, a post card and some acetate clocks.


I layered a cocktail umbrella with the word ring, acetate clock and doodled around the photos.

For this photo I layered the photo with the acetate film strips (I cut 2 in half to give the illusion that they are really long).  I added a word ring, acetate clock and then some clock pieces.  I always find that time just stops when we are at the beach.  I also snuck in some real shells with the photographed ones!

I added lots of natural elements like some offcuts of burlap (from another project I made), some twine and more shells.  I also tucked in some gems for a little extra sparkle.

I have joined in the following challenges:
Lasting Memories Layout Challenges - Buttons, Bling & Brads
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes

6 comments

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this will make a fabulous seaside shadow box - everything is so perfectly placed. Thank so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your layout is awesome! What great details! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout :) Beautiful detail work involved with this layout. Thank you for joining us over at Lasting Memories
Tina-DT

Lori said...

This layout is beautiful! Love all of your bits and pieces on here! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

Natalie Dill said...

I love this page - I always struggle with using paper with real photos on it, but you did this beautifully! Definitely an inspiration! Thanks for playing along at LM!

Melanie said...

A fabulous layout!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional Winter” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)